Friday, June 13, 2008

FATHER'S DAY - AND MY DADDY

Well, This is my first attempt at a blog, For all who wants to know, It's dedicated to my Daddy. I've done alot of soul searching within the last year. Hopefully I'll post daily and add pictures.



For all who don't know, my dad was the BEST PICTURE TAKER" ever, he took pictures of our family from the time he and mom were dating, to my brother and me being born and growning up, to his grandchildren and their accomplishments and life along the way. I'm going to try and continue what he loved to do. His camera was always with him and now it's with me. I gave my camera to my son, Noel and am now using Dad's old camera. I hope this will honor my wonderful dad is some small way.



So, my first picture will be the last picture that was taken of me and my Dad last Mother's day!!! I miss him just as much 1 year later as I did when he left me. But, I know I have "Pride" because I am my Dad's Daughter, he lives in me. and "LOVE" because I have memories of a lifetime with him (46 years). Yes, that's a long time but not long enough. I will try to live my life as my Dad would have wanted me to. He was a very happy man and loved life and I intend to follow in his footsteps. They are very big shoes to fill but I'll going to give it my best shot.



I love you Daddy!!



Vicki

4 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Vicki,
What a wonderful Father's Day gift to your dad. That is a great picture of you and Jack. His smile is missed by many. Thank you for sharing and reminding all of us not to take our dad's for granted this Father's Day. I love you and will see you on Sunday. Sue

 
At June 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Shelton said...

Great Dad, Great husband and to me the greatest friend in the whole world.He is truly missed but what he gave all of us is our blessings.I love his family so much. Shelton

 
At June 14, 2008 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Clay, Christi, Chastity and Cherish said...

I'm praying for you this weekend. Thanks for sharing your heart! I look forward to your blogging too! Miss and love you Aunt Vicki- Christi

 
At June 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Vick,
I was just thinking about you and was getting ready to send you an e-mail because I know this is an especially difficult time for you, and there it was--your blog! Thanks for sharing from your heart.

Love,
Jenn
P.S. Noel's tatoo is really kind of cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home